Saturday, January 2, 2016

23 and Me

After being treated for several months, I didn't feel like I was reacting or responding to treatments like a normal person did. While I'm still trying to figure that out, I kept hearing about the MTHFR genetic mutation that a lot of us chronically ill people have. It inhibits our ability to absorb nutrients, and compromises our ability to detox. In my case, I have a few mutations that affect my ability to absorb vitamin B12, which is SUCH a critical vitamin. My vitamin B12 blood serum level is 2000, which is WAY high, yet I manifest vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms. Regular doctors don't worry about it at all, but after lots of my own research and speaking with my natural doctors, I've come to the conclusion that my high numbers are due to the fact that Cyanocobalamin (the crappy, fake form of B12) has built up in my blood because my cells lack the ability to use it. Most of us sickies need Methylcobalamin, which is the GOOD kind of B12. I have found that even taking it orally doesn't do much for me, so I resort to getting it directly injected into my tissues. That way it can bypass all the processing paths in my body and get directly to where it's needed. I always feel some sort of relief when I get the shots. A normal person is supposed to get a lot of energy from them, but I feel some sort of calmness instead. Like my cells can relax a little bit because they finally get what they are so deprived of. I only feel the effects for about two days, though. B12 is said to be pretty safe because it's water soluble. So, anything your body doesn't need just gets peed out. Anyway, if you're worried you are not progressing in your treatment like you should, or if you just flat out want to know your heritage, you can order this test from www.23andme.com. When you get your results, you can input them directly into Genetic Genie or Nutra Hack, and that will decipher all the info you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment